How to Clean Your Carpets and Upholstery – Dealing with Stains
Eventually, everyone will spill something. No need to panic when things are spilled. This does not necessarily mean the carpet or upholstery will need to be replaced.
ServiceMaster of Lethbridge can take care of all your carpet and upholstery cleaning needs. Our certified technicians use a multi-step process for stain removal; and often can get even the toughest of stains out while vastly improving the appearance of your furniture and carpet.
Some things you can do to help ensure that stains can successfully be removed:
- Do not apply store bought carpet stain removal products. These will often set the stain in, preventing removal.
- Never rub, only blot. Always dab your stains gently with a clean cloth, paper towel or sponge. Put as little pressure as possible and keep in mind that rubbing the stain will only grind it further into the carpet or upholstery’s fibres. Always blot toward the inside to avoid spreading the stain.
- Call ServiceMaster of Lethbridge and arrange for a certified technician to come out as soon as possible after a stain occurs.
ServiceMaster Provides Deep Cleaning of Carpets – Water Extraction
Steam cleaners are water extraction machines that work by injecting a cleaning solution into the carpet or upholstery, and then pulling it back into a waste reservoir. You can help to ensure that you get the best possible cleaning by:
- Vacuuming prior to cleaning.
- Calling a professionally certified service, such as ServiceMaster of Lethbridge that utilizes truck mounted water extraction units for extra cleaning power. Certified technicians also come equipped with specialty tools for getting in to the hard to access areas.
- Scotch Guard your carpet and upholstery. Talk to our technicians about this process that helps prevent future staining and thus extends life, for very little cost – particularly in comparison to replacement.